After 22 years of writing and reporting about businesses on StMaarten/StMartin, their wonderful people, advertising their products, events, activities, and satisfying the needs and wants of tourists from all over the globe, I am retiring. As I approach my 75th birthday, it’s time for a younger team to run this business. Here are several featured highlights:
- St.Maarten.org is the oldest dedicated StMaarten/StMartin website created in April 1995 with the designator .org when only three existed - .com, .net and .org.
- Visitors to www.StMaarten.org have included several million tourists from 205 countries including all the Canadian Provinces, and 49 US States. Annually, hundreds of thousands of Travellers visit StMaarten.org. And since each visitor has a spouse, partner or travel friend, it doubles travellers to our site.
- Since 1995, our 204 page guide book, The Value Guide of St. Maarten/St. Martin has provided an imaginative and visual glimpse of this wonderful exciting island to tourists from countries around the world. This savvy travelers’ guide overflows with information on hotels, restaurants, duty-free shops, water sports, car rentals, scuba diving, and other activities.
- In addition, our bimonthly newsletter The StMaarten/StMartin Connection Newsletter which was created in May 1997 has been read by thousands of subscribers.
- Our Facebook Page, The Best of StMaarten/StMartin, which was created in August 2016, has more than 15,000 Likes/Followers. In addition, our Facebook Page is growing by more than 1,769 new Likes/Followers each month.
- Our Gift Certificates Guide, Restaurant Guide and Hotel Guide represents hundreds of dollars of potential savings offered by participating St. Maarten/St. Martin businesses as an introduction for travelers to patronize their establishments.
- Of the millions of Search Engine Listings on the Worldwide Internet, when tourists search for “st. maarten” on any of the World’s Top Search Engines, StMaarten.org is usually listed in the third to ninth position on their first page.
- Sam Fusco, Owner and Managing Director of www.StMaarten.org, is the winner of the 2006/2007 St. Maarten Hospitality & Trade Association’s Crystal Pineapple Award for Outstanding Tourism Journalism and a former Board Member of the St. Maarten/St. Martin American Marketing Association.
- StMaarten.org provides island businesses with visibility to six of the World’s Seven Continents namely Africa, Australia, Asia, Europe, North America & South America.